VMN CE Webinar: Mosquito Control: Pesticide Reduction for Pollinator Protection
From Michelle Prysby
- the most common mosquitoes in Virginia, the mosquito lifecycle, and when and where they're most active
- the best ways to reduce mosquito populations in your yard and community without harmful pesticides
- the best ways to protect yourself against mosquito bites wherever you are
- the reasons why mosquito adulticides (yard sprays) are the least effective way to deal with mosquitoes
- key questions to ask any mosquito spray company
- how to protect pollinators and other beneficial critters from harm while effectively managing mosquito populations.
Kasha Helget is a Virginia Master Naturalist volunteer and Board member of the Arlington Regional Master Naturalists (ARMN). She collaborated with Kirsten Conrad, the Arlington Virginia Cooperative Extension Agent, and entomologists from Virginia Tech to develop the mosquito presentation, and teams with Conrad and members of ARMN and the Master Gardeners of Northern Virginia to reach out to communities about pesticide reduction to protect pollinators.
The host is Michelle Prysby, Virginia Master Naturalist Program Director.
Zoom Recording ID: 83826653606 UUID: PdqK4gH0TdmigBMRDJUpLA== Meeting Time: 2022-06-22 03:45:12pm