VMN CE Webinar: Virginia Geology - Questions Asked and Answered-20180129 1702-1_77922327
From Michelle Prysby
Ever wonder questions such as:
- When did the Potomac, James, and Roanoke rivers cut through the Blue Ridge, and where did the rivers flow before that?
- Why is there salt at Saltville, gold at Goldvein, and coal in Chesterfield County?
- Why is Giles County so worried, when the last major earthquake in Virginia was in Louisa County?
- Why aren't energy companies considering fracking for natural gas near Virginia's current oil wells? (yes, we have oil wells...)
- Is the Blue Ridge wearing away and disappearing over time, or are we seeing the mountains get higher?
Charlie Grymes helped organize the VMN-Merrimac Farm chapter. He is a recovering Federal bureaucrat after a career with the Department of the Interior. He now teaches Geography of Virginia at George Mason University (using the Virginia Places website he developed) and serves as the chair of the Prince William Conservation Alliance.